Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wedding Cake Knife

I picked up a really beautiful and practical cake knife at the hospice thrift store a few weeks ago. It is stamped with "Sheffield England" on the blade but I don't know much more about it, like whether it's a vintage piece or not.


I think it would be really nice for a wedding cake-cutting but I'm planning to keep it in my kitchen for cakes or pies for ordinary occasions. It's in great shape and cost me 50 cents! I even like this knife better than the silver cake server that I purchased a while back.


While I like the detail on the handle, I noticed while photographing the piece outside that the blade is shiny like a mirror. That's the pear tree in my backyard that you see. :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful knife but even prettier photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of the tree's reflection in the knife is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great buy! It may have a tiny stamp on it with a little series of marks, you can often find out the year by looking them up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a beautiful find. I love these cake knives - they are the perfect thing for cutting and serving during birthdays and other parties.

    Wow, you're getting really good at this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! It was just a nice day outside for taking photos. Thrifted Treasure, unfortunately this guy didn't have a stamp like you described, but I'll keep searching and keep you all posted!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...