Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Le Creuset 1980s Floral Design

I had a reader contact me regarding a great Le Creuset enamelled cast iron piece found at a yard sale in Florida. It is a beautiful white oval dutch oven from the 80s with a painted floral design.


This piece was purchased for $10 and looks to be in perfect condition! What a bargain.


According to Le Creuset, the design is called Petits Fruits by Perla Meyers. It was designed in 1983 and produced for about 20 years. The only thing I can find out about Perla Meyers is that she is an author of cookbooks, and produced one specific to Le Creuset recipes. I am not sure if she consulted on the design and lent her name to the line? That seems like a very modern way of using celebrity names for marketing... Like Graham Ramsay dinnerware for Royal Doulton...


As you can see, the sizing noted on the underside of the lid uses the vintage lettering convention rather than our numerical sizing we see on modern Le Creuset pieces.

I am actually working on a post that will provide sizing guides to all your favourite Le Creuset pots and pans! I think it will be a handy reference tool.


Thanks to CB from Nova Scotia, Canada for sharing this lovely find with us! I hope you are getting plenty of usage out of this beautiful piece!

9 comments:

  1. Wowser! It is a stunning piece and, like you say, an utter bargain. I'm a fan of Le Creusot. They clean up beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it! I have since asked my bargain hunter mother-in-law to keep an eye out for any other Le Creuset treasures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of a reader to send you this treasure. I love the dainty flowers, and its in perfect shape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we could all use more Le Creuset in our lives. I know I could! What a marvelous find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I even forgot to mention that CS's Mother in Law made the great find, and lugged it back to Nova Scotia, Canada... Now that's love! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a spectacular bargain! It is so gorgeous! I love the delicate floral pattern!

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am amazed by your Creuset finds. I found my first Creuset for $1 at a garage sale, non-vintage, but a start! Thanks for stopping by my blog after seeing my post on the Pyrex Collective.
    I am now following 6 balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Rachael! I'd love to read more about your LC Find on Thrifty Picker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too found one of these, in Oregon at an antique shop in a small town called Red Hill. I purchased it for 8.00$. for so long I couldn't find any posts about this Le Creuset design. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...