Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Vintage Green Tupperware Grater


The unique jadeite green colour of vintage Tupperware always transports me to a bygone era! I found this grater plus storage container at the hospice thrift shop in perfect condition for 75 cents.


I love how they had matching items like salad spinners and rectangular storage containers in this colour theme. I'm not quite sure if I can find a place for it in my kitchen though. I had read somewhere that people used it to make coleslaws, but one attempt at grating carrots made for quite a mess. Next time I will try the cheese slicer and see how it goes.


I had previously posted about some great orange Tupperware measuring cups that I found; since it was such a beautiful day and we had just painted our window sills, I took the opportunity to take a few more photos.


Isn't that orange colour great? I'm not much of a baker, but I think it actually makes me want to cook up some chocolate chip cookies!


I can definitely find a place for these practical and cute measuring cups in my kitchen. The bright orange colour makes them easy to spot while cooking too.


I'm really relieved that none of these finds had any of that funky old Tupperware smell that some pieces seem to have... I was lucky that both sets are in great condition!

4 comments:

  1. I have the exact green grater. My mother bought it new at a Tupperware party back in the day and I've had it with me since college. I don't think I've ever used it to grate veggies, but it works great with cheese and I use the side with the pointy holes as a zester. Did you happen to get the storage lid too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I just bought a nice big block of Havarti cheese so maybe I'll try that! No storage lid, unfortunately! It's the perfect size for popping into the fridge. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a lot of that green tupperware as my sister did tupperware parties for awhile. If it is the same stuff it dates from the late 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The unique jadeite green colour of vintage Tupperware always transports me to a ... tupperwareslicer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...