Sunday, February 20, 2011

Disneyland California Metal Tray

My big sister is in town visiting from California, so I thought it would be fitting to share this old Disneyland souvenir! I found this metal serving tray or plate at a thirft shop and couldn't resist it for the quarter it cost me.


There are no dents nor rusting on the entire plate and the detail is wonderful. It shows a state map of California with landmarks and cities. Mickey and Minnie are sailing over the state on a nice hot air balloon ride... Two bad there weren't six balloons  ;)


All the locations are marked with a Disney character or cute sketch. I will probably be using this as a garden tray for my seedlings as I'll be starting these indoors next month. Hurray for Springtime and longer days! Can't wait to eat a fresh tomato again.


I just wanted to say thanks to all of you reading out there and commenting! I'm so glad you are enjoying my finds. Of course, I'm always excited to read about your adventures and discoveries too. Please become a follower and keep on reading!

Linking up to Thrift Share Monday

7 comments:

  1. Ooh Monogirl at Vintage Spinster will be jealous of that tray! She has a big collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tray and you can not beat the price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that plate-what a fun way to represent my home state! See where the little bear has the picnic basket at Sequoia Park? That's where I met my husband, when I was 15 and camping with my family! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow; that one's really colorful. Usually the state ones seem to be just black and white. Or is that just me? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, it looks like other people collect these state trays! Usually the Canadian ones I've seen are ceramic plates. beetree, that is such a cute story about meeting your hub! The cartoon characters are definitely the cutest thing about this plate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! It just lifts your spirits by looking at it!! Totally unrelated, but I found a neat little watering can the other day marked "Emsa" and "W. Germany" on the bottom that I think you would appreciate!. It looks like this company made some really cute stuff..I'm now on the hunt for more!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...