Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vintage Cake Server

While finishing up a grocery run the other day, I couldn't resist popping my head into the local thrift store. I had seen a silver-plated vintage cake server/knife previously but chose to leave it.

I thought it would make a beautiful accessory to someone's wedding cake table. A simple tiffany-blue ribbon tied at the handle would have been picture perfect! As you can tell, even though I walked away from it a couple of weeks ago, I had been thinking of it.


I was surprised to see it was still in the display case, neglected and partially obscured under a pile of old hockey cards. I scooped it up for $8 and admired it for a few days. I finally decided that it wasn't very practical for me and ended up selling it to a couple getting married in June. The bride-to-be tells me that they are going to have a cake at each table as a centrepiece, and now she needs to find a bunch of cake stands and accessories... Sounds like fun to me!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I have something like that given to me by my mother-in-law. I didn't really pay it that much attention until a guest came to my house and was admiring it. Now I treasure it. It's a fun accessory.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...