So the Vancouver Canucks were beaten the other day by the Montreal Canadiens, and it stung. I have been a Canuck fan since the age of 8, and I know I will always love my Canucks. Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I can confess that I purchased a Habs jersey!
Oh the horror! Just kidding... The reality is that I have a soft spot for this fellow Canadian NHL team, especially with their history and great simplicity of their logo and team colours. I spotted this kids jersey made by CCM with the tag that read "Garcon Boy M/M" at my local Value Village. Current NHL jerseys are made by Reebok, but I've always liked the old CCM ones from the 80s. This one has a stitched-on patch logo, which you don't see on some of the lower quality silkscreened pieces.
I have seen similar jerseys for the Canucks, Leafs, and Flames go for $11.99 or so in this same store, but this particular jersey was priced at $6.99. I have no idea why, but it was a deal too good to pass up, even if I don't think I know many Montreal Canadiens fans that could make use of this.
Sometimes the temptation of a good deal is just too much, and I end up making an impulse buy that sits in the closet, untouched for months. That's certainly one of the drawbacks to thrifting!
Dormant Fig Tree Pruning and Free Cuttings
23 hours ago
This is such a great find! I should start looking in the kids section!
ReplyDeleteWell at least it's not a Maple Leafs sweater, lol! It puts me in mind of that delightful story from Rock Carrier, The Sweater, the one on the $5 bill.
ReplyDeleteI love it. I used to be a Canadiens fan, I'll always have a soft spot too for the old team. I'm not a hockey fan anymore, I think the whole world of professional sports is too diluted and money oriented.