Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Best Thrift Store Finds of the Year!

Now that 2011 is coming to a close, I've decided to start reminiscing about my "Thrift Hits of the Year"! It's been a great year of collecting goodies, and I hope you've enjoyed coming along for the ride. Click on each link to read more about it and see additional photos!

First up is this vintage Royal Quiet De Luxe Typewriter in amazing condition. I fell in love with the details found in the fonts and parts, and the sturdy construction of this piece... it was working perfectly and was a great bargain at $15!


This gorgeous vintage Le Creuset Flame Cocotte was found at my first-ever estate sale... I was so tickled to find a few months later that the official "True Le Creuset" site mentioned my post here.


At my favourite local church thrift, I picked up these Vintage Peep Toe Ballys... Yes, Five Dollar Ballys! In my size!


This little Danish Teak Bird Pencil Holder stole my heart at another church thrift sale... and at 50¢ was a crazy steal. I made sure to send some donations their way this year. I haven't found out any more information about it, except for someone who contacted me from Switzerland to tell me he had the same piece. =)


This Promotional Pyrex Aqua Blue Scrolls bowl is from 1959 and I cannot believe it was sitting on a shelf for two days at Value Village before I came and rescued it.


Even though I love many more things that I was lucky enough to find this year, these are the standouts looking back. Of course, thrifting is full of pros and cons... Last week I went through some of the Things I Regret Buying at the Thrift Store, but I don't mind donating them back for a good cause.

Linking up to Colorady Lady's Vintage Thingie Thursday and Vintage Scapes' Thrift Hits of the Year!

20 comments:

  1. Gosh, I LOVE them all! The Le Creuset is a gorgeous colour and of course the Pyrex is always good. That typewriter is brilliant, love them old and chunky. You did really well you lucky thing! Sherry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by to visit me! I am now your newest follower. I can not believe you found Le Creuset at a estate sale...I better pay more attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did find some awesome thrifty things this year! Love the Pyrex bowl! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for becoming a follower Ann! I'm very excited that you are #116.

    It was a great year of thrifting, hopefully the new year will bring more adventures and treasures. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I come from a kitchen-geek family, so I really love the pyrex bowl and Le Creuset. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great assortment of vintage things. I remember the old typewriter very well. Also, wearing shoes like this is part of my foot problems today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun finds! I've never seen a Le Creuset that style before, thanks so much for sharing it with us.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course I love the Pyrex! That was surely your lucky day! Here's to another great year of wonderful vintage finds! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurrah for kitchen geekery! Le Creuset has actually re-issued the cocotte as part of their Heritage collection. I love this piece and hope to find it one day in aqua!

    Thanks for the well wishes and Happy New Year to everyone too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic finds this past year! That bird is adorable. What a steal. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great thrifting year! You've had some amazing finds. Hope you have a great New year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Pyrex bowl is gorgeous! If I saw it I would have snapped it up too! In reply to your owl question on my blog, I got it at a craft show but you can get them on etsy here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/TrackandFieldDesigns?section_id=8046666

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blue pyrex is amazing and I am so jealous that you found Le Creuset! That is what I am hoping to find in 2012 - the hunt is on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. loving your finds--they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have my eye on this same bowl! :) Love the Le Creuset, too!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I find as many great vintage goodies in 2012 I will be one happy camper!! But yes, the Le Creuset and the Blue Scroll Pyrex are probably my absolute faves. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE them all but especially the Le Creuset and Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome finds! I love the old typewriter. I want to sell a couple of mine this year, but have to work out how best to ship them (and what that's gonna cost). Lucky you on the Le Creuset!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What great finds! I'm still looking for a typewriter... and vintage Le Creuset? Too amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The old typewriter is so fun, and I think I appreciate it more now, because I have not yet seen another one in all my thrifting travels since!

    Here's to more Le Creuset finds! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...