Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Red Hanson Scale

I've been discovering some really great items at the thrift lately, and I am very excited to share it with you! Thanks to all my followers, your blogs are great and I'm so glad to have been introduced to them. Those without blogs, feel free to comment away and tell me what you think too!


This nice red retro Hanson kitchen scale caught my eye at the Value Village recently. I pulled it out of the closet last night to weigh a Christmas gift package on its way down to California for my sister and her husband. It was handy for estimating the cost before taking it down to the post office.


This little guy seems too nice to tuck away in a closet, doesn't it?


I noticed that the bottom right corner reads "Rep. of Ireland" which I thought was interesting. I can't say I've ever seen that tag on anything before. There's also a round sticker on the bottom in great condition that reads "Approved by Master Tester 22.A.85". I have no idea if this means the piece is from 1985 or not. The only thing I could seem to find is that there are old vintage scales made by Hanson, and that the company still seems to be in the business of making scales.

Don't you love when something so practical looks so good?

5 comments:

  1. That is lovely! I love the red it's so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love having a scale to weight those packages but mine is no where near as cool as your red one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should absolutely be on display! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scales, and made in the Republic of Ireland, my old home :) I found a scales made in Ireland recently too, must post on it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...