Saturday, March 17, 2012

Vintage Enamel Copco Nesting Cannisters

Thanks everyone for your well wishes in regards to our Baby News from my last post!

I was rifling through our hall closet the other day and remembered these vintage Copco enamel containers that I purchased last Spring at a church sale.


They were in perfect condition and in such a beautiful rich blue colour. I think the only reason they hadn't already been snapped up by the time I got there, was that they were tucked away in a box under the tables.  =)  I always say, at those rummage sales especially, you have to dig around to find the good stuff.


I paid $5 for the set of four cannisters and it looks like they had never been used. They have these solid wood lids but I am not sure what type of wood they are - perhaps teak?


I did a bit of research on the cannisters and found this advertisement in the Milwaukee Journal from 1972 that showed the Copco cannisters on sale for $9.99 from their original $15 price tag. How funny! Too bad I don't have those optional labels for flour, sugar, etc.!

Linking up to HLA's Flea Market Finds and ATG's Thrift Share Monday!

10 comments:

  1. Those are pretty.If you want labels,you could paint a square of chalkboard paint on the canisters.Or I think someone makes chalkboard stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great buy for $5. they do look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great set of canisters! The color is superb. It's hard to tell from the pictures but odds are the lids are teak or walnut. It really depends on the grain.
    As for your question on my blog, I haven't used all of the Zeisel pieces yet. The *grown* boy, has broken so many of our ikea dishes and glasses that I am scared! I would kill him if he damaged my babies! haha :) To his defense he hasn't broken any in a looong time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous color! That is a great bargain for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue mixed with the wood is simply divine. Great find!
    Cheers ~ Lara

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great. I need to find some food storage jars too. I might just have to head out... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The canisters are fantastic! Such a pretty blue. Congrats on your new addition--so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the news! Great canister set. Are you keeping them?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are sweet. My canisters are all random, not nearly as fun as these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi there! Just wanted you to know that i've awarded you a Liebster Award - an award given to bloggers by bloggers whose blogs have less than 200 followers. I love your blog and wanted to share the love. read about it here http://sixballoons.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vintage-enamel-copco-nesting-cannisters.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...