Monday, November 14, 2011

Easy Thai Green Curry!

No thrifty finds to share this week, but I thought I'd post about a dish I made this week... Thai Green Curry! My kitchen is pretty dark, so the lighting situation isn't great, but I still want to share some photos with you.

I started off with three boneless, skinless chicken thighs, a zucchini, and an onion, alll diced up.


After sauteeing the onions, I moved them over to one side of the pan and seared the chicken.


I like the concept of pushing stuff aside so the new ingredients get a chance to mingle with the hot pan. I think this is similar to the theory of using a wok, pushing the ingredints up the walls of the wok and searing the new stuff.


I found a great Supermarket in Vancouver that sells packaged Thai Green Curry Paste. I scooped a couple of tablespoons and toasted it in the hot oil. The fragrance it released was wonderful!


I added a small tin of coconut milk, about 170mL..


then threw in my zukes! A lot of recipes call up a full can of coconut milk, which is about 300mL but I find that the moisture from the vegetables makes up for it.


I let everything simmer for a bit, and ended up with a nice quick dinner. I love the versatility of this dish. You can use snap peas, eggplants, or whatever veggies you have in your kitchen. I think next time I might even omit the chicken and see if this works, as Vegetarian Green Curry over rice would be nice.

I'll try to work on my kitchen photography skills for next time!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...