Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Vintage Sesame Street Lamp Light Fixture Cover

I'm sure you all know how I feel about Sesame Street by now, so I was pretty pumped when I came across this sweet light fixture cover recently.  I believe they produced several designs in the Sesame Street series during the 80s.


It was marked with the princely sum of $1.00 so I tucked it under my arm and continued shopping. I once left a similar one behind at a thrift because it was too expensive for my tastes, even though it had a glum-looking Bert glaring at Ernie, who was up to no good.


With the name of my blog being Six Balloons, I also thought it was pretty exciting to have something vintage, Sesame Street-themed, and with balloons on it!


There are so many vibrant colours on the glass, and it was in perfect condition... until I accidentally snapped the corner off!! I fessed up to the church lady of course, and purchased it, justifying that I could at least share this depressing story with you readers.


The chip is right in the corner near Cookie Monster and it's too dangerous to keep as it's so sharp. I put it out in the Recycling Box this week with a wistful sigh! I'll chalk this one up as one of my Thrift Fails and move on!

Linking up to Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm!

5 comments:

  1. Awww man that sucks. :( Don't worry, it might take awhile...but you will find another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute! I love Sesame Street also. Can't you cover the chip and make it safe? h

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of SS, love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely thought of saving it somehow with Krazy Glue but since it's for a ceiling light fixture, the glass could get warm, expand, crack, and, you know. I didn't really want to find out for sure. =)

    I love my other Sesame Street goodies so I'm still a happy camper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came across this exact same fixture......are they really worth anything?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...