Friday, March 4, 2011

Vintage Charlie Brown Peanuts Books

Although it can be time consuming, I often find myself drawn to looking at vintage kids books while thrifting. Inspired by my Vintage Sesame Street Books find, I kept my eyes open and came upon a couple of Peanuts books by Charles Schultz at two different church basements.


The first one I found was "Charlie Brown's All-Stars" book from 1966 with lots of baseball imagery and a story of Charlie's trials and tribulations on the diamond. Look at his old rotary phone in the image above! Can you believe the book was stamped as a Discard by an elementary school library?


When I look at these drawings, they have such a hand-sketched quality that I feel like I can see Charles Schultz's every pencil crayon stroke. Here is Linus getting measured up for his uniform.


The two books were in decent shape considering their age. The second book was an "All About Friendship" book from 1971. I think I paid a quarter for each book.



The Peanuts comic strip always seemed to inspire you to dream, didn't it? The image below reads "A friend is someone who dares to dream your dreams with you..."


Pig Pen is definitely one of my favourites. Who doesn't love this messy little kid?


This last one makes me think of an estate sale I am planning to line up for on Saturday morning... Hopefully it is worth the wait!

6 comments:

  1. I love Chuck Brown and the whole Peanuts gang. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree- Pig Pen is one of my faves :) Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Peanuts! I used to read nearly only that in my teens. I love the drawings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww this is so cute! Love it. Yes, Charles Schulz really knew how to tell a story from the heart. Pulls at my emotions seeing those 2 little guys waiting in the pumpkin patch for The Great Pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I really love how he portrayed those kids. There are lots of gems like that in these two books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...