Saturday, January 8, 2011

Vintage Wooden Coat Hangers

I came upon three old wooden coat hangers at the hospice thrift store a few months back, and for some reason, just fell in love. I snatched them up and the volunteer behind the counter said, 10¢ each ok?


My favourite one reads "Dominion Laundry and Drycleaning, Vancouver, B.C."  It also reads 1903 but it can't be that old, can it? I assumed perhaps that's the year Dominion Laundry started their business. Regardless, I thought it was neat that drycleaners back in the day gave you a wooden hanger with their business name imprinted on it. A vast improvement over our current wire models with paper advertisements.


Today was my last day at a job I loved for almost seven years. It was really tough to hang 'em up and say goodbye to people who made the place feel like a second home. I can't wait to see what awaits me at my next adventure, but right now I am wistful about days gone by.

4 comments:

  1. Your coat hangers are very cool. Love the advertisement! It's hard to leave a job you have been at for a long time. Good Luck with your next step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I didn't realize you had been at your last job for 7 years! Time does go by when you're having fun. Glad you had good times at that company and you're adjusting to moving on. It's hard to say goodbye but you'll find that you'll keep your friends from the old job and see them often. That's been the best source of my current friends - former co-workers! :)

    Cool on the 10Cent hangers - what a deal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOH! Great find! I was just reading Style At Home and they had featured some vintage hangers just like yours!!!
    I know only wonderful new adventures and friends await you at your new job! They are lucky to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooden Coat Hangers from Bizarkdeal

    The J.S hanger solid beech wooden are the perfect hangers for my coats/jackets and clothes. The hangers are strong and sturdy with rotating hooks. The size and design of the hangers works well with my clothes because they do not stretch the shoulders and leave that annoying bump that sticks out on the corners. I can hang coats, jackets, sweaters, and blouses. I can also hang my spaghetti strap tank/dresses because the of the notched shoulders of the hangers. All in all great quality hangers and would recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...