Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Vintage Hagen's Travel Bag

I dragged my Dad with me to my old favourite church thrift shop the other week. He must give me good luck for finding vintage bags, as I found one in a style similar to my vintage PanAm purse.


Hagen's Travel is an old Vancouver business; they've been around since 1937. The beautiful blue colour caught my eye, and when I saw the $1 price sticker, I couldn't put it back down.


This bag has so many things about it that I like - the orange piping, grommets on the underside of the bag, and of course the Canadian maple leaf and Greater Vancouver city names. I feel like the guy on Antiques Roadshow explaning all those features with my long pointer stick!


By the way my Dad ended up scoring a Sea by Sweden "paper sack" glass vase. I'm not totally familiar with the company nor the name, but I understand they were later bought out by Kosta Boda. I really need to learn more about glassware if I'm going to consider myself a serious thrifter!

Linking up to Vintage Thingie Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have put it down either - I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool bag and so many uses for it. Lucky purchase.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good size for traveling these days. Otherwise, you pay to dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their company is celebrating their 75th anniversary this year. I should tell them about this bag!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...