Sunday, April 24, 2011

Playmobil Sheriff's Office

I feel bad for complaining about missing out on some Playmobil at a weekend church sale where I purchased my cute little vintage Tricycle!  I passed by the Sally Ann the other day, and wandered into the kids section for the first time.


High up on a shelf, I noticed something wrapped up in a plastic bag. It was something organized within a mass of chaos, so it caught my eye. It was a Playmobil 1976 Sheriff's Office set for $3!


I know this little Playmobil fellow is from a different time and space, but he was a great purchase at a different thrift store for 10¢.I wonder who Powell and Wonderly are, and what they did, but there's a $5,000 reward for their capture!


I love the details on this set. The back doors open up to reveal the interior of the office, complete with the gun rack, prison holding cell with bed, and furniture! I think this is a great little set, and wish the little sheriffs and horses came with it too! I'll persevere and keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully they'll cost me a dime each too!


Linking to ATG's Thrift Share Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Awesome find. My son would be seriously jealous. It's always worth having a "pick" on the top shelf. You just never know.
    Erin:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love it, my mum used to buy Playmobil sets for me, I am so regretting that I gave them all away.

    love~mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love Playmobil sets from the 70s--so much nostalgia. I picked up a barn set a while back and I still need to get it cleaned up and post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love these play sets! THIS is just the sort of lego type play thing that would have sent me over the moon with love as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find.Playmobil is ever so fantastic!Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Amazing graphics, colors, and price!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The set is definitely in great condition, the only odd thing is that we are discovering that it was perhaps glued together... Doh! We'll see if it can be pried apart, otherwise it'll just stay as is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great find. I've never seen this set either. Love the little cell!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...