Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Arc France Mason Jar with Label

I found this lovely old Triomphe bail top jar by Arc, made in France. It was priced at a quarter by the lovely volunteers at a hospital thrift that I popped in to.


It still has the original label! It sort of pained me to scrub it off, but at least I can share some photos with you.


The wire clasp is a little rusty and the gasket was stiff and cracked.


However, it just so happens to be the perfect container for my homemade sourdough starter! Since the wild yeast culture needs air circulation, I removed the gasket and have the perfect container!


Linking up to Vintage Thingie Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. A great find and great buy. I never saw one like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape to that jar. I don't think I've ever run across one before. Maybe I need to get to the hospital thrift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little jar! I'm so glad that it's got a new life with you.
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...