Sunday, November 27, 2011

Vintage Pink Apron

At one of my favourite weekly church basement sales, there is a section devoted to linens - tablecloths, handkerchiefs, towels, etc. and I always like to take a look to see what's there. The other day, I visited and spotted this beautiful vintage apron.


It's in great condition and I love the delicate floral pattern and eyelet trim. Not to mention the colours! The pale pink and mauves attracted me to pick it up in the first place.


Once I iron it, I think the pleats along the front of the bodice will look perfect. How could I resist for the $1 price!?


I wonder if this was handmade by someone? The size is a bit on the small side. I'm not sure if it's meant as an apron for kids. It is really too bad that these vintage treasures we find can't tell us their stories! I'd love to know how old this is.


Hope everyone had a great weekend of relaxing or shopping. I'm hoping to find some good Christmas decorations at the thrift this week for our tree. =)

Linking up to Flea Market Finds!

8 comments:

  1. Pretty! It reminds me of a dress I had as a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It almost looks as though it's designed to wear over a pinafore, far too pretty to get all greasy or covered in cake mix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's just so sweet. You better get baking. Or help a small child get baking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet find! Sounds like your little church basement has lots of treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments! Lakota, I have learned now what a pinafore is, so thank you! Whether it was used to protect a dress, or was indeed an apron, I think I will see if my nieces might want to use it while baking together.

    I'll have to start working on some banana bread or cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the apron/ pinafore is lovely. Your nieces will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooooh! I actually gasped when I saw this! I adore aprons and collect them whenever I am able. This one would have been in my hands within moments of catching my eye.

    I've found that most vintage aprons are absurdly small. I don't think they were actually made for children, but they are much closer to child size than aprons today! I'm thinking that this one is so unique though, it might actually be a pinafore versus an apron. Either way, it would look lovely hanging with all of my aprons. ;) I'm certain your nieces will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Mary, the thought crossed my mind too that it was just for a very small adult. I forgot to mention that I bought this beauty for a dollar! I should update the post to mention this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...