Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Unique Pyrex Carafe

In March, I had a string of unsuccessful trips to the thrift. Perhaps I am successfully showing more restraint? It is probably a good thing to be more selective because I have bought a useless thing or two in the past that has just sat around collecting dust.

Since seeing the Chemex Coffee Carafes for the first time, they've always been on my secret please-please-please wishlist when I'm out shopping. Last week I went to a thrift shop that I have driven by dozens of times, but never explored. Lo and behold, they had a carafe with beautiful lines, in the shape of an Erlenmeyer flask. Upon further inspection, I found the distinctive green Pyrex glassware stamp on its collar and scooped it up for two dollars.


I have tried googling for more information on this carafe, i.e. whether it is flameware and therefore can be in direct contact on the stovetop? I have not been able to find anything like it. I'm also tempted to remove the handle/collar to better clean the piece but am concerned it might shatter when I re-tighten the screws.


In any event, I think it'll be useful for holding a pitcher of water or juice during a backyard barbecue now that summer's just around the corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...