Friday, January 11, 2013

Pyrex Find at Value Village

Just after Christmas, I had to drop something off at the post office and managed to zip into my local Value Village.


Have I mentioned that I just love fridgies? I spotted the yellow 503 from the primary colours set and it was in almost-perfect condition. I swooped into the aisle quickly because a young hipster was scouring the shelves nearby, and you just never know!


I hesitated bigtime when I saw the $6.99 pricetag. With tax, that is almost eight dollars! I caved and bought it, convincing myself that I have an orphan lid at home that has been waiting for it.


I use the dishes for marinading fish, holding and serving salads, and baking brownies so it really doesn't hurt to have multiples.


I also think it looks pretty cute with my Primary Blue and Delphite Blue Fridgies. =) Linking up to Thrift Share Monday at ATG!

9 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the fridgies! I find it so hard to pass one up in good condition if it's a decent price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love fridgies - they are so useful. I picked up a 503 and a 502 Butterprint with lids yesterday. They are doubles for me and need some elbow work, but I think they're worth it. Love the blue and delphite too!
    :)
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaaagh the Delphite! It is so pretty. Something that I would love to find but haven't been so lucky (yet).

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second the comment above...swooning over the Delphite one! I love fridgies too -- so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice combo - they do look nice together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the thrift store "pounce"! Nothing is quite as gratifying than not only making a score but making it right under somebody else's nose! Those are lovely dishes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found some great pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love fridgies too and was so thrilled to thrift a yellow 503 with the lid intact. Thanks so much for visiting L'Heure Bleue At Home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great find, and fridgies is the cutest word ever!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...